-=PCTechTalk=- Re: backup pictures?

  • From: "~OoO~" <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 00:23:41 -0500

Forget changing the name if you have a lot of files. Well, you can do it, but
it just takes a lot of time. My method is very similar to Mike's... just a
small variation. I have folders with the year the photos were taken. In the
year folder its broken down by month. And, in the month folder its broken down
by the actual day. So, one folder will be called "2005-11-01", the other
"2005-11-02", etc. I take a lot of photos, so I generally have at least 20
folders in a month's folder. And, the best thing about this is that the dates
are embedded into the photo (if you're using a standard digital camera). Many
of the programs mentioned can easily sort by date that the picture was taken.
____________________________________
Sir Troth
ICQ #1717439
AIM/AOL: SirTrothX
Yahoo: SirTroth
MSN: SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx
        (do not email me here)
My Personal Email: SirTroth@xxxxxxxxx

From: Mike the mod
Date: 12/01/05 18:15:35
To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jo-Ann,
I rename all the photos I store on my computer.

Create folders within the photo program you use.

I have at least one folder for each year, and sub folders within it for=
  Family, Cars, my last holiday<G> etc.

CDR disk are quite inexpensive, less than $0.25CDN each.
burn your photos to the CD right after down loading  for back up purposesard
drive may fail.

I fill up the CD by backing up the older folders to bring it up to the 650=
  to 800 mg that they hold.

Mike the mod
******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 12/1/2005 at 5:57 PM Jo Ann Weaver wrote:

I am a picture nut, especially since I've got my digital camera. I have one
partition on my computer just for pictures. Occasionally I back them up to
CDs. Here's my question. I have like 10 gigs of photos now, taking more all
the time. How can I avoid backing up the same pictures over and over, yet
not miss any of the new ones?

Jo Ann