-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Video Card Question

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 02:58:09 -0400

Rudy,
    The Radeon's core (GPU) runs at 600MHz. while the GeForce comes in at
only 500MHz.
    The Radeon's memory runs at 400MHz (DDR2 makes it 800MHz effective).
while the GeForce comes in at only 350MHz (700MHz with DDR2).
    The Radeon includes mini-DIN for S-Video output while the GeForce has an
integrated HDTV encoder that provides analog TV-output
(Component/Composite/S-Video) up to 1080i resolution (additional equipment
may be needed before you can view true HD output).

    Both are decent boards for non-gamers and the price of the new one is
rather compelling, but I'd still wait until a similar offer for a much
better board comes along.  The increase in memory will be easily lost on the
reduction of core and video memory speed.  However, I would recommend either
of these boards for anyone wishing to upgrade from integrated video (systems
with a PCI-express slot that are currently using graphics provided by their
mainboards).

Peace,
GMan