-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Video Card Question

  • From: <mytoybox1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:19:06 -0500

RE: from GMan
   Your resolution is extremely close to that 4:3 setting that CRTs require
(1200 X 900 would be a 4:3 ratio).
Hummm ... I have often wondered why I have a 1/2 inch or so black space around
my Window`s splash screen ... and yet my Web page`s and E-Mail`s fill the
screen completely .

I have an old IBM that I bought in 2001 and a Dell Demension 2400 that I bought
about 4 year`s ago ... both are running Windows XP and are set to 800X600
screen size .... both are CRT`s.

Does this mean that I can tweek my Video card`s in each of them to fill the
black border`s around the Windows splash screen ?

It`s not a big problem ... I just have often wondered why I had black border`s
and unused picture size .

Inquiring mind`s alway`s want to know .

Teri Lee