-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Symantec Antivirus

  • From: "Galt" <galt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:42:48 +0530

Dunno about other programs, but what Symantec/ NAV does is reindex
after the update and make a new folder, leaving behind the old
(and now redundant) virus def folder.

If it were still needed, the program would cease to auto-protect
on deletion of the old folder/s.

Believe McAfee overwrites the old defs instead.