-=PCTechTalk=- Re: SP3

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 18:35:09 -0400

Cindy,
    My advice is to install it, but only after backing up your important
stuff (just in case).  It contains a ton of critical security fixes that a
lot of current exploits are targetting.

    I have it installed and running fine on a new XP installation.  I also
have it installed within my VirtualPC sandbox without any issues.  However,
ML had nothing but problems after installing it on hers.

    The good thing is that you can always uninstall it through the
Add/Remove applet in control panel (or System Restore) if it doesn't take
well.

Peace,
Gman