-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Quick Time

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 06:17:39 -0400

Beverly,
    I'm having a difficult time sleeping, so I decided to do a little more
research on this issue to wear out my eyeballs.  I believe it's working.
:oO <===Yawn

    It also means I have another task for you.  While in Firefox, type
'about:plugins' (without the quotes) into a blank tab's address bar and
press the Enter key.  You'll be presented with a page showing the currently
installed plugins.  Our main interest here is, of course, anything labeled
QuickTime.  However, I'd really like to see the entire list.  It's probably
much longer than a single page, so a screenshot isn't gonna cut it this
time.  Instead, click anywhere on the page that's not a link and then press
CTRL+A (that means hold down the CTRL key while you tab the A key once) on
your keyboard to highlight everything.  Right click on any part of the
highlighted text and select Copy from the menu.

    You now have a choice to make.  The easiest thing to do would be to
Paste it into a reply to this post.  But, if it's too long, it will clog up
the Inboxes of every member of the group.  So, you can also Paste the
contents of that page into a new Text file (create the text file on your
desktop to make it easier to find), attach it to an email addressed to my
private addy and send it to me.  I'll remove all of the non-essential stuff
and paste it into my own reply to the group so everyone can see what you're
dealing with.  Either way, it'll give us a better idea of what's already
installed and just might point out the problem faster than any other method.

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"