-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Quick Time

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 00:43:22 -0400

Hi Beverly,
    I'm really glad to hear that the trip went well and that you enjoyed
your time away.  If you'd rather leave things as they are, I am not going to
push to change your mind.  However, if you ever decide to take up the task
again, I do have a replacement approach for QT that should allow it to work
perfectly without QT having the ability to take over the system again.  It
would entail doing the same thing as before (only with much fewer steps
lol), but installing the QuickTime Alternative program instead of QuickTime
itself.  It's basically QT codec files hooked into a small version of
Windows Media Player.  When you open up a .MOV file, it would play within
Media Player instead of the QT window you're used to.  However, it would not
hook into Firefox or any other browser without your permission..  It also
does not make any changes to how the regular Media Player works.

    So, if you ever choose to try again, just remind me of this approach.
:O)

Peace,
Gman