-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Pop ups

  • From: Davisunit <davist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 21:00:16 -0300

Cindy, although the info from Chris may seem complicated, it's excellent
advice (along with subsequent suggestions about updates, etc.), and it's
in yours and everyone else's best interest in learning.  Unfortunately
the internet is a much different world than it used to be, and taking
the time to learn how to protect ourselves is becoming basic surfing
technology.
Two other suggestions I could add is to download and enable the Spyware
Block List registry modification at
http://www.spywareguide.com/blocklist.reg (save, then double-click the
.reg file), and install a real time spyware protection program like MS
Antispyware at http://tinyurl.com/5jhcs

Terry