-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Pop ups

  • From: "Chris Spotta" <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 08:27:09 +0100

Hi

If they are getting ads even when they are not signed in then the ads must
be coming from a program installed on the computer.
This will either be spyware or perhaps a program installed by the
manufacturer. Windows XP by default does not serve you up ads all the time -
if it did M$ would get even more stick than they do now!!

Re. spyware removers.
It might make it sound a little bit complicated, but believe me it isn't.
all the programs have good help sections and include a tutorial. Every
machine I fix or build goes out with all the programs mentioned installed on
it.
If they really do need step by step instructions then why not get them to
subscribe to this group and there will be someone to answer their questions
no matter what time of day they ask.

Regards

Chris
callto://spotta/