-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Lost recorder

  • From: "Barnstoneworth" <barneystorm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:10:39 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hank" <hdka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Andy that is what I did was double click the speaker icon and the volume
was
> all the way at the top but when I went to the control panel it was all the
> way to the bottom. I don't understand it, I thought they were the same.

You may be looking at two different things, Hank...Bear in mind there are
controllers for both sound OUTPUT (i.e. playback of sounds and sound INPUT
(i.e. recording of sounds).

If you double click on the system tray sound icon, it brings up a row of
sliders for the volume OUTPUTS only. To get the the INPUTS, on the volume
control window (i.e. the one that opens when you double click the sound
icon) you need to go optios/properties then you get a window with playback
and recording selection boxes-this window also shows you want sliders you
have got enabled, and what sound device you are using.

You can access these exact same things via the control panel,
though-whichever way suits you is the best way! I know when I first started
using my PC for audio editing, I was pulling what remains of my hair out as
I got no volume when I was recording..I was setting the output voumes, but
the recording volume was muted!!

Cheers

Andy