-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Help With Installing PSP Thumbnail Handler

  • From: EddieB <fasteddieb216@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 22:18:38 -0400

I found this on the download page of their website:
http://www.botproductions.com/pspthumb/download.html

System Requirements - x64 Edition
    * AMD 64-based or compatible system
    * One of the following Microsoft operating systems:
          o Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
          o Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition
    * 2 MB of available hard drive space

Interesting stuff... They don't mention Vista for either the 32 or 64 bit
versions.  Also, I'm a little skeptical of "AMD 64-based or compatible
system".  Don't they usually say Intel or compatible since there are more
Intel CPU's out there than AMD?  There are differences between Intel and
AMD, so if you need 100% AMD compatible then Intel probably won't cut it.
This doesn't make sense that they might leave out compatibility with the
majority of Intel CPU's.  Although AMD has always tried to be as compatible
as possible with Intel, I doubt Intel makes much of an effort to be
compatible with AMD.  Hmm, another thing is that the files inside both the
x32 and x64 versions are from 12/06/2005, which seems very outdated.  You
might be better off looking for something else that does the same thing.

OK, now you didn't mention if your x64 system was AMD or Intel.  You also
didn't mention if you are using WinXP x64 or Vista x64.  I'm not really very
sure if WinXP x64 comes in Pro version only or not, but it does say it
requires the Pro version of WinXP x64.

Ed