-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Hard Disk...AGAIN!!!

  • From: suzánne <lailoken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 07:14:44 -0500

oh man... I feel your pain Andy!

try rebooting with the boot disk, fdisk again, then display all partitions.
it sounds as if you have two or more partitions on the drive.  delete all
the partitions, then set one logical partition and if all goes well, format
the entire drive.  if all goes well,  you still won't see the entire 82GB as
the drive volume, some space will be taken by the format process, but not
much.  my 20GB was reduced to 19.2 or something like that.

hth

~s