-=PCTechTalk=- Re: HELP!!! - Outlook Express - Can't receive/send mail

  • From: <techrose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 22:52:01 +0200

Don <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx> wrote on 08/06/2005, 05:22:05 AM:

Thanks Don,

Unfortunately this has been going on for about 5 days now.

I have gotten the message about timing out on my email before and I
always just 'assumed' it was my cable company.  It would typically only
last a short time... minutes..and a couple of times a few hours.

I did try the rebooting and even turned off all my anti-virus and
firewall just to try to eliminate that as a possibility.  I went to ms
config and stopped them from starting up.  Then rebooted... and it was
not help.  So, I immediately went back into msconfig and set them to
start at startup and rebooted again.  All to no avail!

I deleted my inbox, outbox, and other things..and alas, no change.

I was going to delete all my dbx folders as I just backed up my mail and
when i get every thing working again, I will just use the backup to
recover it.  I am usually pretty good about backing up my emails.  I
use Express Assistant 7 and it has been good for me.  Simple and does
what it should.  I make periodic backup of files...like my purchases
and memberships/subscriptions.  Then I can delete the folder.  I can
reinstate it any time I want to.

I am going to fight this one more day.. and then just bite the bullet
and upgrade to Windows MCE 2005.  There are a ton of steps to take as
some of the programs I got from Sony have to be updated too to work
with 2005, but Sony supplied the programs and stuff.  I paid the $12 (I
think that is what it was, it could have been less) for the CD to be
delivered rather than just download the programs.  This way, should I
need it again, I have it and do not have to worry about it.

Thanks for everyone's response.  I am reading and writing from the web,
so I have not read all the responses yet, but I thank you in advance.

Rose
Las Vegas

 The problem is probably NOT on your computer.  The error message makes
it