-=PCTechTalk=- Re: HELP!!! - Outlook Express - Can't receive/send mail

  • From: <techrose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 22:42:01 +0200

Hi.. I am sorry I did not include the fact that I did contact my ISP and
they can find no problem.  Cox Cable was as helpful as I think they can
be.  Since I share the same line..and cannot download my mail but my
other half can..it is hard to think it is their problem.  I can connect
to the net..(I am writing this on the net) so the cable has to be ok.
(But we changed that too..just in case)

Also, I forgot to mention, I cannot uninstall OE and Reinstall it.
When I try to do that, it asks for the Windows XP Pro disk.  I have
Windows MCE (Media Center Edition) which is built on Windows XP Pro,
but... I do not have the CD as I just have the restore disk.

If all else fails, before I just bite the bullet and restore the ststem,
I think I will try inserting the Windows XP MCE 2005 disk.  I have not
done the upgrade to that yet, but, MAYBE the file OE is looking for is
there.

I am also still looking for an Email program (I am willing to buy it)
that will allow me the benefits of OE (HTML mail and attachments, etc)
and maybe better bells & whistles too!

Thanks for any imput.
Rose
Las Vegas