-=PCTechTalk=- Re: HELP!!! - Outlook Express - Can't receive/send mail

  • From: "Judith" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 12:10:01 -0700

Also can't you uninstall OE and reinstall it again?  Sounds like
a file is corrupt in it if your husband can receive your mail
and the settings are the same.  Shouldn't affect your folders
where your mail is stored.  Although making a back up might not
hurt just to make sure.

Judith
http://www.agoodread.com
http://conspiracy-freefictionbook.blogspot.com/
Sharing is the key to all our $uccess!

Hi all,

I am writing this from the web.  My Outlook Express will not
send or
receive mail.  I get an error that says:  Your SMTP Server Has
Not
responded in 60 Seconds.  "Would you like to wait another 60
seconds
for the server to respond?" It then lists the account and the
Server
(of course, this is for my outgoing mail)

It then goes on to check for new mail on this account - the
error
message I get is: Your POP3 server has not responded in 60
seconds.
Would you like to wait another 60 seconds for the server to
respond? It
then lists the account name and then Server: and it then lists
the
correct pop server.

Virus and AdAware scans come back clean (AdAware first time had
some
data miners and these were deleted and it was re-run and came
back
clean)