-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Flash Drive

  • From: <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:20:33 -0400

When ReadyBoost was first introduced it was limited to 2GB.  Unless MS has
changed the way Vista uses ReadyBoost, or I misunderstood its use, I think
it is misleading to call it RAM since Vista has to read the data there back
into system RAM to use it just like it does with a normal hard drive cache.

As to 32 vs. 64 bit.... check with your vendors before you upgrade to Win 7.
If they do or will support 64 bit, you may want to reconsider.

Don