-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Flash Drive

  • From: David TW Chun <dtwchun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:09:03 -0400

Hi Mike,

I just tried inserting a 8 GB SD card into the computer and ran
ReadyBoost.  The maximum I was allocate to extra ram was 4 GB so I'm
guessing that this is the maximum allowed?  If so, I'm going to pull the
8 GB card and use a 4 GB card the next time I reboot.  Wow! If this
gives me an extra 4 GB to my 3 GB computer under Vista, I will be pleased.

Thanks, David

Mike the mod wrote:

>Hi Sandi,
>it is a feature found in Vista/Windows7 that allows you to use a
>USB flash drive/ smart card as extra ram.
>

>See: Explore the features: Windows ReadyBoost
>It's easy to use Windows ReadyBoost.
>You can use non-volatile flash memory, such as that on a universal serial
>bus
>(USB) flash drive, to improve performance without having to add additional
>memory "under the hood."
>www.microsoft.com/windows/.../features/readyboost.aspx
>
>Mike the mod @ PCTechTalk & vista_ & Win7

in the Subject.