-=PCTechTalk=- Re: FED UP with Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92

  • From: <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 17:02:34 -0400

The only people that like Incrudimail are those that use it.  If it were not
for the security and privacy features in my email client I would instantly
block email from anybody using Incrudimail.

WHY? Because Incrudimail keeps all of their smilies and other graphics on
the server at their website.  Every email sent has at least one graphic in
it even if it is a single pixel graphic. (similar to the web beacons that
Yahoo uses).  Every time an email is opened by a recipient, the email client
will normally go to that website to collect the graphic and download it to
recipients computer.  This instantly delivers a known good email address to
Incrudimail which they can sell to advertisers, both legitimate and
spammers.

My email client blocks downloading of external data so my address and
privacy are protected.

NOTE: All email to this list is stripped to basic plain text before it is
distributed so email here is safe.

Don