-=PCTechTalk=- Re: FED UP with Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92

  • From: <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:51:56 -0400

Read this:
http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/tips/windows_live_mail/windows-live-mail-e
rror-0x800CCC92-server-0x800CCC90.php

For some reason your email server thinks you submitted the wrong password.
Sometimes this is temporary.  Take WLM offline, open the account properties,
uncheck "include when sending/receiving".

Create a new account using the same identical information, but leave include
when sending receiving checked.  Restart the program.  Send and receive to
verify fix.

This should fix the problem.  It should also fix the irritating problem of
getting prompted to input your password over and over and over again.

In Outlook and Outlook Express this should not cause any mail to be lost,
but you would be wise to backup your email store folder before proceeding.
In Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail I don't know the risk to your email so
definitely back it up or protect it in some way.

MS already knows that WLM is a crappy piece of software.  And they don't
care.  That's why there is no email program included with Windows 7.  There
are lots of very good email clients out there, paid and free, including
Outlook, Thunderbird and others.

Don