-=PCTechTalk=- Re: External HDD format-- Roger

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 16:40:18 -0400

My newly amended guess would be that your system normally shows a big logo
of whomever built the beast when you first boot or reboot it instead of
providing you with useful information like custom built systems do.  If
that's the case, that darned logo is hiding the line from you until the last
second.

To get around it, try pressing the "Any Key" repeatedly before it gets to
that point.  Hopefully, it'll bring up the stuff you need sooner without
requiring you to break a finger at lightning fast speed.

Some BIOS' have a setting for turning off those ugly logos.  If you'd like,
I can later try to walk you through the steps to get in there and look for
it.  Just let me know.

Peace,
Gman