-=PCTechTalk=- Re: External HDD format-- Roger

  • From: "Sandy" <sandy.rick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:47:05 -0400

ok...............first I should say that GMan deleted everything that could
be deleted from within windows explorer and once he disabled the restore on
it the only things that were left were 1) a file called Found.000, it shows
up as a folder that is lighter in color than folders usually are and 2) a
"recycled" icon.

I'm unable to delete or open either one of these.

I right click on the drive letter and hit properties, but don't see anything
about a "compress files option".  So far the only place I've seen that was
when I was trying to format it......on the first window that opens it has a
place to tick or not tick that option.

I'm running XP Pro sp 2...........the only difference is that this pc did
not come with an "Office" application on it.  Comp USA is the only store
that still has a  pcs with XP on them and this one is a "business" model
(It's extremely quiet and cool - has 2 fans).  I'm constantly thinking it
turned off because I can't hear anything, lol.  The salesman said they left
off an office application to leave it up to the buyer as to whether they
wanted one or which one they wanted.  I think they were just being cheap,
lolololol.

Sandy