-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Drive Imaging software / was Another Win 7 update

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 23:03:00 -0400

Hi Don,

LOL.."now I remember WHY it has been so long since I have done a "clean
install".  It was a "headache".  I think I got confused on the program I was
asking about.  I was thinking of an imaging program similar to Ghost but
"free".  I really should be using that program though on my new laptop since
it is pretty much how I want it now.  I thought a free one was listed here
awhile ago.

I am sleepy tonight but if I have any questions, you know I will be asking
;0.  A long time ago, I had ordered the sp2 CD I think but I should have sp3
now installed on my system.  I will need to see where to download it though
online if I will need to save it for later.    What is Silverlight?  I am
buying a router soon also, I guess best to hook that up after the clean
install.  Not really sure, I understand about the portable software yet but
will google it as you suggest and look into it.

*On another note, I have been having an issue with my old HP scanner 3570.
It use to work like a charm.  I had misplaced the power cord awhile back and
thought I found the right one, still not sure but the power comes on when I
use it.  The problem is the light appears burned out or something.  I barely
see any light when it is scanning.  I do not know if I have the wrong cord,
need a driver update, or a bulb of some kind just happened to burn out.  Any
one have a clue?  I really do use this scanner often and hate for it to be
out of use.

thanks,
christy