-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Drive Imaging software / was Another Win 7 update.

  • From: "recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx" <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 13:30:09 -0400

Two clarifications:

Once over written, a file may still be recovered but it might be missing
a piece or two here and there depending on the file fragmentation level.

I assumed that "clean install" meant an install and not a system restore
or a recovery using the recovery disc set or recovery partition on the
hard drive.

Don

recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm not Gman, but I don't see any need for a tool such as that.  Those
> are designed for data recovery after you have formatted a drive or
> otherwise destroyed all access to the data via normal means.  You don't
> need it if you have done a back up of your data before you begin the
> clean install.  Also, once installed, the data will have likely been
> overwritten by the new system or all the temp files used in the install
> process.
>
> To summarize:  These are disaster recovery tools.  A clean install, in
> most cases, is not a disaster.  Back up your data,
>
> I also think that the link Gman gave was for the drive image software
> product information page.  You found the company home page and the
> software is a little further down on that page.
>

> For a clean install:
> <snipped> please see original message for details
in the Subject.