-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Drive Imaging software / was Another Win 7 update.

  • From: "recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx" <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 09:03:26 -0400

I assume the Dell "restore" disc does what everbody else's "Recovery"
does.  In that case some of the steps will be either simplified or
eliminated.  Some may also be delayed since everything needed to make
the computer work will be restored by the restore process.  If you have
trouble figuring out which is which speak up and I'll edit the list for you.

Leave it to Dumb Dell to use a term (restore) that will be confusing for
everyone that has every used the Microsoft System Restore Utility.  In
my book, a disk or disk set that is designed to recover your hard drive
to the state it was in when it left Dell should properly be called a
Recovery Disk **not** a restore disk.

Don

cristy wrote:
> Don,
>
> My Dell came with a restore disk I believe so that is what I would be using
> (XP) home.
>
> Christy

in the Subject.