-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Good Sync

  • From: "recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx" <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 18:30:13 -0400

You are correct.  The better sites identify within the description what,
if anything, the program writes to the hard drive or adds to the
registry.  So far everything I have used in LupoPenSuite and the
portableapps.com suite have moved to/from various dual boots and
computers with no ill effects caused by not finding something it may
have written to any of the various computers and registries.  That is
really all I care about.

Don

Gman wrote:
> There are portable apps that are not as postable as you might believe.  A
> simple test would be to first run it in a sandbox app like Sandboxie to make
> sure it's not adding files anywhere else.
>
> Peace,
> Gman
>
> http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php

in the Subject.