-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Different DVD players

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 23:29:12 -0400

Judith,
    Most, if not all, computer DVD burners use a differently powered laser
than set top players to do their thing (I'm sorry, but I don't recall
whether they're stronger or weaker at the moment).  In either case, the
burner that recorded it should not be used for creating disks meant for PC
viewing.  It's simply not creating clear enough disks to be fully trusted
with important stuff.  The difference doesn't always show up like this, but
it's not an uncommon problem.

Peace,
GMan