-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Why Can't I Forward Pictures?

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 23:39:57 -0400

Betty,
    It sounds like you're sending "links" to images (for example,
http:\\mypicsite.com/mycat.jpg) instead of the images themselves.  Either
that, or the images are being stripped somewhere along the way.  Possibly
your own email program isn't attaching them correctly, your ISP doesn't
permit attachments or uses a Spam filtering system that removes them, the
same could occur if you're going through an outside email server such as
Yahoo or Hotmail or it could even be happening on the recipient's end (which
will be the case if you try sending attachments to this group which I set up
to reject any attachments to prevent the possibility of spreading viruses
and other malware).

    As an experiment, go ahead and send me an email with an included image
to my private addy.  I should be able to disect it and tell you exactly what
is (and what is not) happening.  (If necessary, just hit the Forward button
to expose my addy)           :O)

Peace,
GMan