-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Detailed backup image instructions

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 17:34:39 -0700

Hey Harold,

I know I am NOT GMan, but something in your email made me jump in here.

I do not think a typical thumb drive/flash drive big enough to hold the
image of your C:

I have a new machine and I know Windows Vista is bigger than XP, but my
Image file is bigger than any thumb drive I have seen.

I use an external hard drive.  They are pretty cheap.

Vista Ultimate has a Backup Image program included and I use that now and I
back up to an external drive weekly.

I know that GMan & others had spoken about Acronis True Image in the past.
I had already bought Norton Save & Restore.  That program would not do the
backups I wanted to do.  (Luckily I got it for $10 after rebates and I
already got my rebates)
I almost bought that until I found out Vista Ultimate had this built in
already.

If you end up wanting Acronis True Image 10.0, I have a link to buy it
cheaper than than the Acronis website.

\http://www.ugr.com/
It was $29. to download and $33 + shipping for the CD version.

So, depending upon what GMan tells you...this may help....

Have a grand day.  I am always happy to hear people actually wanting to and
then DOING backups... :)
Rose
Las Vegas