-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Curiosity may kill the reckless maverick

  • From: Don <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 19:33:34 -0400

Yep.  But HP made it a PITA to accomplish.  It is very difficult to get
to the hard drives and the data drive's data cable got pulled loose
without being noticed.  I struggled around everything and got that fixed
and in the process (unbeknownst to me, the power cable came loose.  Got
that fixed and in the process the data cable on the boot drive got
pulled out just a tad and wouldn't boot.  Got that back in and
everything is working fine.

Needless to say, I wish I had taken some extra chill pills before I
embarked on that mission.

If I ever buy another computer, it will be bought in pieces and I will
put it together myself.  Manufacturers are just getting to nasty at
designing cases designed to punish those owners that like to get inside
and see whats what.  First it was the stupid clamshell on the Dell
Dimension and now this inaccessible hard drive rack that is next to
impossible to work with.

Don

Gman wrote:
> Good deal!