-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Boot problem_DSL

  • From: "GuitarMan" <PCTech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 20:27:09 -0400

Spider,
    I'm thinking that it's very possible that one of the internal cables has
become somewhat loose and is no longer making full contact.  I would first
check both ends of the IDE ribbon cable, but it could be any of them
stopping the final part of the POST.  If that doesn't fix the problem, try
removing and reseating all of the memory modules and then, if that doesn't
work, do the same thing for any add-on cards (ISA, PCI & AGP).

Peace,
G Man

PCTechTalk Owner