-=PCTechTalk=- Re: 2 QUERYS XP PLEASE

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 18:47:30 -0500

There is a built in burner in XP and it is based on Roxio.  It is very good
for people who aren't skilled with burning and will burn most anything your
burner is capable of.  It works fine on several machines within my grasp.
Nero (especially) and Roxio have more features and may possibly burn
something that the built-in won't, but for casual burning, why shell out the
money?

Compatibility mode has never crashed the system here.  That being said, it
isn't a cure - all.  Some 9X programs will refuse to run in XP, no matter
what you do.  Others will run and have the odd crash or unexpected exit.
About half will run flawlessly even without compatibility.  XP is not 9.x,
though.  Even if you crash a game or program, I've *yet* to see it bring down
the whole computer.  I've had (by testing my old programs to see if they'd
run on XP) more than a few 9.x programs crash in XP, but have never had a
hung system or a reboot of the system after a crash.  It really is much more
stable and it really handles crashes very gracefully.

On Saturday 20 September 2003 10:27 am, a whisper was heard and the one known
as James Macmillan was rumoured to have uttered...