[patriots] Re: Internet & e-mail security

  • From: "Chris Pead" <cpead@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ukpatriot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 14:45:34 +0100

Good idea Jack - Chris

From: patriots-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:patriots-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Jack Lewis
Sent: 10 September 2014 13:55
To: patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [patriots] Re: Internet & e-mail security

There are many comments flying arround! Why not ask Maidsafe direct?

maidsafe-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:maidsafe-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Jack

On 10/09/2014 12:55, Colin wrote:

That's my point Mike.
They can throttle you now and you don't know about it  other than slow
speed.
Servers that join networks up can strip and censor words and images if they
so wished.
The idea is fine but it's wide open to be slammed as a tool for the
terrorists and shut down before it gets anywhere.

It may be great for emails, and e-commerce, but in my view it's pointless
for normal websites.
Why would you bother breaking up a website, encrypting it, then joining it
back together.

There are already many ways to protect emails, websites and talk out there.
How many of us are using them.

Colin.

On 10/09/14 11:50, Mike Green wrote:

Hi Chris,

This is the bit I don't understand. How can it bypass the carriers? I
connect to the internet via my local telephone exchange, owned and
controlled by BT, as most people do. BT also happens to be my Internet
Service Provider ISP) or carrier. They could shut me down any time they felt
like it no matter who my ISP was. How do we get around that?

Mike.

On 10/09/14 11:39, Chris Pead wrote:

Hello Colin,

From what I heard of the video, payment is in kind i.e. use of part of the
disc on one's computer as all info is backed up across individual computers
and payment is also in making some info available that can be shared.

It bypasses the carriers, so in order to destroy it they will have to remove
telephone network. Chris