[patriots] Re: Internet & e-mail security

  • From: Colin <colin.gardom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 10:53:47 +0100

This does look good, some points however.

What is the cost in the future, will it increase - the poor may be left in the dark.
What will the speed be like?
And do you not think that when loads of us use it, the government will immediately crack down on it and inform all carriers to block it's use.

Just points to ponder before we get too exited.

Colin.

On 10/09/14 08:50, Jack Lewis wrote:
Hi All,
It was me who started the thread about Internet security with the idea of using TOR. Several people responded pointing out that whilst we use servers security is still non-existent!

I have just watched this from Chris Pead and this seems to have cracked the problem in that it doesn't use servers to send data. Although it is not up and running as such it is attracting a huge amount of interest from people concerned about keeping their data safe. There are two videos one which is the two Scottish developers are interviewed by Max Keiser and the other is an animation that explain in simple terms how the system will work.

I thoroughly recommend watching itand suggest watching the animation one first and then watch the interview.

I would appreciate feedback from all the computer geeks back to the list rather than me personally.

I think this will also be of special interest to the ECG!

Jack

On 09/09/2014 19:49, Chris Pead wrote:

MaidSafe is a game changer. To see why, watch this excellent 12 minute overview of the system. Without servers, no one can shut down or intercept any one.

http://eurofolkradio.com/2014/09/09/maidsafe-meet-max-keiser/

Kind regards,

Chris

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus <http://www.avast.com/> protection is active.