[ourplace] Re: To Kathleen

  • From: Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ourplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 18:55:05 -0800

Hi, Kathleen,

I have alerts on my Samsung Gusto 3 phone and I just let it go through.

Rosie

On 1/23/2016 6:52 PM, Panix wrote:

Well I didn't know Siri would read that. I guess I should've just let the tone continue until it stopped. But I figured if it was a weather alert it might not get spoken just like it's not smoking when I do it on TV. Well just storms. I would not want to witness one of those. I wouldn't want to go out in one either. Not fun. I guess when you get those you're pretty much housebound until it's finished. I don't think I want to have that experience. It seems like it would be kind of scary.

Sent from my iPhone

If you let the phone do that loud tone, it’ll eventually stop, and then Siri will speak the alert. We get them whenever dust storms are in the area.
Vickie