Re: survey - DBA structure in your company ?

  • From: Thomas Day <tomdaytwo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mwf@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 14:42:45 -0400

LOL.  April Fools was yesterday.  I appreciate the sentiment but the reason
that I'm a DBA is that I like working with computers and databases.  I
recognized that I have diminished "people" skills.  If I had the skills to
be president of the company (and that's mostly people skills) I'd be out
there making a million dollars selling terciary derrivatives to unsuspecting
idiots and collecting million dollar bonuses for bankrupting my company.

Our organization is similar to the original poster's.  Production DBAs in
charge of infrastructure and application DBAs in charge of (or contributing
to) new development.