Re: raid 5 disaster

  • From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 00:55:04 +0200

I'm sorry, there is an NDA between me and my customer. And, worse, the
HW-vendor has a clause in its contract that prohibites disclosure of
failures .........
So, yes, there are definetely more war-stories than you will ever know.
Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

 2004-08-16 at 16:54, Raj Jamadagni wrote:

> Which brings up the question, how come those war stories haven't come up ...
> or SAN manufacturers
> invoke DCMA to supress those stories?
> Raj
> --- Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Alas, I cannot go into details. But Mogens is right. Cache corruption is
> > possible, and cause tremendous problems, uh, challenges.
> >
> > Regards, Carel-Jan

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.
Archives are at