Re: raid 5 disaster

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 08:24:57 -0700

On Sat, 2004-08-14 at 17:28, Rachel Carmichael wrote:
> I never said I didn't have a section that reads "if you get this far,
> and things are falling apart, DO NOTHING on the system and call me" :)
> I try to document the normal procedures. I try to document the most
> likely errors. There's no way I can think of, let alone document, every
> possible situation.
> But I can try to keep the phone calls to me to a minimum
> Oh yeah, if necessary, I include a "presumed level of knowledge"
> section as well.

Yes, and here's where it gets sticky with mgt.

It has been said that we should document so that any
IT (not necessarily a DBA) person could walk in off
the street, follow the docs and setup/restore/do
whatever is documented.

I don't think so.

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.