Re: major blunders

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sims@xxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 09:50:21 -0700 (PDT)

Some might disagree but don't use .log as an extension for online or archived
redo log files. Sometimes admins look for space by searching for log files...
the stupid ones add -exec rm {} to the find command and poof, it's a bad day. I
know, I had it happen once... long ago..... in a galaxy far far away.... That
admin is just about to start returning to the sun in the orbit my boot put his
butt in.... :-)

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
Ask me about on-site Oracle Training! RMAN, DBA, Tuning, you name it!
Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON IT'S WAY SOON!
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide
(Sybex)
Other various titles