Re: The Java RunTime Environment was not found at bin/jre.

  • From: Janine Sisk <janine@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:14:50 -0700

On Jun 28, 2005, at 3:58 PM, Jared Still wrote:

I seem to recall the need to install a different version of glibc,
 set a few environment variables and mutter some incantations
 to get 8i to work at all on linux.

Right. But the last time I tried it, on a fairly recent version of Linux, the magic incantations didn't work anymore - I think something else had changed that wasn't covered in the compat libs. I finally gave up and copied it over as a last-ditch effort.

janine