Re: The Java RunTime Environment was not found at bin/jre.

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rlsmith@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:28:57 -0700

The first thing you are doing wrong is installing 8.1.7.

This version of Oracle can be rather difficult to install on linux.

You would be *much* better off installing 9.2.0.4 <http://9.2.0.4> and
patching to 9.2.0.6 <http://9.2.0.6>
(Or can 9206 be installed directly now? Check MetaLink/OTN )

See http://www.puschitz.com/OracleOnLinux.shtml

Jared

--
Jared Still