Re: The Java RunTime Environment was not found at bin/jre.

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Janine Sisk <janine@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:58:15 +0100

I seem to recall the need to install a different version of glibc,
set a few environment variables and mutter some incantations
to get 8i to work at all on linux.

The first time I did so was ages ago, using some Xenix compatibility
capabilities of whatever version the kernel was at that time.

If you can copy it over and it works, more power to you.

This is actually a case where a small windows server might make sense.

8.1.7.4 <http://8.1.7.4> is rock solid on Win32, and very simple to install.

Jared