Re: The Java RunTime Environment was not found at bin/jre.

  • From: "Ron Rogers" <RROGERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <rlsmith@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:24:26 -0400

Ron,
 Did you download and install the Java Runtime? Are you following the install
steps provided at http://www.puschitz.com/

The site is usually complete and accurate for loading Oracle on Linux.
Ron

>>> "Smith, Ron L." <rlsmith@xxxxxxx> 06/28/05 11:52 AM >>>
I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on Linux.
I keep getting this message: The Java RunTime Environment was not found
at bin/jre.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Ron

Important Notice!!
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, any use,
distribution or copying of the message is prohibited.
Please let me know immediately by return e-mail if you have received this
message by mistake, then delete the e-mail message.
Thank you.