Re: The Java RunTime Environment was not found at bin/jre.

  • From: Janine Sisk <janine@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:51:55 -0700

Actually, I have done this several times and it works just fine. You can no longer install 8i at all on recent versions of Linux, at least as far as I can tell, but I have had to copy it from an older server to a newer one and it Just Works (tm). I haven't tried copying over the dbf files - I re-run the scripts to create the database and go from there.

Yes, I know it's unsupported, but sometimes you do what you gotta do in the short term.

janine

On Jun 28, 2005, at 2:06 PM, Jared Still wrote:

No, it can't.

That's why it is not so simple to do.

I suggest you google for help.
"oracle 8i linux installation" yielded some promising results.

Jared

On 6/28/05, Smith, Ron L. <rlsmith@xxxxxxx> wrote:I am just moving this install from one server to another server.  I do not have a choice but to get it up and going on the new server.
Can the Oracle_home be copied from one server to another?

Thanks!
Ron

--
Jared Still