RE: Service registration after listener restart

  • From: Michael Dinh <mdinh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'mschmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <mschmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:07:06 -0800

db_unique_name is used for dataguard only

service_name is used for connecting via tnsnames.ora and etc.

FYI: I have removed the hostname and port information for listener display

This is just one simple solution.  Not sure how I would handle multiple
services.

LSNRCTL for Solaris: Version 11.2.0.2.0 - Production on 27-JAN-2011 11:01:30

Copyright (c) 1991, 2010, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

STATUS of the LISTENER
------------------------
Alias                     listener_dbtest
Version                   TNSLSNR for Solaris: Version 11.2.0.2.0 - Production
Start Date                22-NOV-2010 13:54:25
Uptime                    65 days 21 hr. 7 min. 5 sec
Trace Level               off
Security                  ON: Local OS Authentication
SNMP                      OFF
Listener Parameter File
/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.2/dbhome_1/network/admin/listener.ora
Listener Log File
/u01/app/oracle/diag/tnslsnr/proddbtest/listener_dbtest/alert/log.xml
Listening Endpoints Summary...
Services Summary...
Service "dbtest" has 1 instance(s).
  Instance "dbtest", status READY, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
Service "savvis_dbtest" has 2 instance(s).
  Instance "dbtest", status UNKNOWN, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
  Instance "dbtest", status READY, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
The command completed successfully

oracle@proddbtest:dbtest:/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.2/dbhome_1/dbs
> sysdba

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.2.0 Production on Thu Jan 27 11:02:03 2011

Copyright (c) 1982, 2010, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

SYS@dbtest:PRIMARY> show parameter db_unique

NAME                                 TYPE                             VALUE
------------------------------------ --------------------------------
------------------------------
db_unique_name                       string
savvis_dbtest
SYS@dbtest:PRIMARY> show parameter service

NAME                                 TYPE                             VALUE
------------------------------------ --------------------------------
------------------------------
service_names                        string                           dbtest
SYS@dbtest:PRIMARY>

Michael Dinh

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY - This material is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that
is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable laws.
BE FURTHER ADVISED THAT THIS EMAIL MAY CONTAIN PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
(PHI). BY ACCEPTING THIS MESSAGE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE FOREGOING, AND AGREE AS
FOLLOWS: YOU AGREE TO NOT DISCLOSE TO ANY THIRD PARTY ANY PHI CONTAINED HEREIN,
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PERMITTED AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PERFORM YOUR
OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THE RECEIPT OF THIS MESSAGE.  If the reader of this
email (and attachments) is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender of the error and delete the
e-mail you received. Thank you.