Re: Disable redo writing

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:33:40 -0600 (CST)

> You can set the tablespaces before import to NOLOGGING mode and enable
> logging after the import is done.
> I'm not sure about importing over network link, but if you run both
> expdp and impdp locally using PARALLEL parameter, then indexes are
> also created in parallel.

That still may not work, at least in 10gR1.  From the docs
(http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10825/dp_perf.htm#sthref423):

--

In the following circumstances, Data Pump cannot use direct path loading:

  *  A global index on multipartition tables exists during a
single-partition load. This includes object tables that are partitioned.
  *  A domain index exists for a LOB column.
  *  A table is in a cluster.
  *  A table has an active trigger.
  *  A table has fine-grained access control enabled in insert mode.
  *  A table contains BFILE columns or columns of opaque types.
  *  A referential integrity constraint is present.
  *  A table contains VARRAY columns with an embedded opaque type.

If any of these conditions exist for a table, Data Pump uses external tables
rather than direct path to move the data for that table.

--

The RI restriction would seem to be the most common gotcha.  I never could
get Data Pump to use direct path inserts using the API over a database link,

Then again, this is on 10gR1 -- perhaps newer versions (still under primary
support!) work differently.

Rich