Service registration after listener restart

  • From: Michael Schmitt <mschmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:54:15 -0600

Hi All,

We have setup Dataguard with a physical standby running 11.2.  We created a
service that we want to run on the primary for the users to connect to.  We
have a system trigger that will register the service with the listener for the
primary after the database opens.  I am registering the service with

This seems to work fine, but if the listener is ever shutdown and restarted,
the service will no longer be configured and we need to execute dbms_service

Is there a way where I can get that service to run on the primary through a
listener restart?  I was just going to write a script to monitor it, but was
wondering if there was a different way.  I can't configure it in the
listener.ora since I do not want it to run if the database ever becomes the