Oracle Configuration Manager

  • From: "MacGregor, Ian A." <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:48:49 -0700

Every time I open an SR, the idea of using OCM very much appeals to me.
Especially the ability for Oracle to perform health checks and recommend
patches.  However according to the documentation the encryption of the data is
based PKCS with a 128-bit key.  IF this is true, then why bother encrypting at
all?  Also the information collected includes such things as the database users
and other such information which could cause a world of hurt, should it fall in
the wrong hands.

If you are using OCM and are receiving health checks from Oracle, how are you
dealing with the above problems?

Ian MacGregor