Re: Oracle Configuration Manager

  • From: "Ethan Post" <post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Best, David" <David.Best@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 12:52:49 -0600

Take into consideration a Unix admin with limited Oracle knowledge just got
a notice from Oracle strongly recommending the application of a "patch".
From what I see on metalink this is self contained software which is
currently not installed on the OS. This is not a patch. That is tis what I
regard as deceptive. I will check out some of the training.

Thanks,
Ethan

On 2/19/07, Best, David <David.Best@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Nothing deceptive about it, you should read up on it via the Metalink tab
"Configuration Manager".    We've set it up on a couple of environments to
test it out and it seems to speed up the process.    I've always found that
the first time you open a tar there is a period of back and forth with
Oracle requesting information.

There is alot of information on Metalink about what information they are
collecting, tutorials etc.