From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Ethan Post
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 1:11 PM
To: oracle-l
Subject: Oracle Configuration Manager

One of my sysadmin's got this from Oracle today. They call it a "patch" but
from what I can tell this would be a new install. Anyone have any specs on
exactly what all this software monitors, how often does it "talk" to Oracle
etc....this seems a bit deceptive to me.

- Ethan

        Subject:  Patch Announcement

        Oracle strongly recommends that customers install patch 5567658*,
following the instructions outlined in the ReadMe file.

        This patch will install Oracle Configuration Manager, our lightweight
configuration collector that enables you to fully utilize the proactive support
capabilities offered by Oracle Support¿s Configuration Support Manager (CSM).

        CSM provides you with:

        ·         Healthchecks, Security and General Alerts ¿ specific to your
configurations
        ·         Track, manage and support - Oracle configurations and Service
Requests

        Oracle is committed to delivering ongoing innovation in automated
support to customers. Our improved online Service Request (SR) process,
together with Configuration Support Manager (CSM), underscores that
commitment¾by reducing the time and effort involved in logging SRs.

        Log SRs Faster
        Submit and track your SRs faster with:

        ·         Simplified User Interface - Fewer screens, fewer questions,
easier file uploads
        ·         Save a Draft of Your SR - Edit and save a draft of your SR to
submit later
        ·         New ¿Problem Clarification¿ Field - Add more detail to
clarify issues with pertinent information

        Detailed information about CSM, Oracle Configuration Manager, and our
SR process improvements are available on Oracle MetaLink.

     This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information.  If
you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, you
may not use, copy, disseminate or distribute it; do not open any attachments,
delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender promptly by e-mail
that you have done so.  Thank you.