Re: OT - Getting fired for database oops

  • From: Howard Latham <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: stephenbooth.uk@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 16:04:22 +0100

On my first day on contract with new client.
Manager says Can you reboot the first machine on the right please?
Sure
So I go in the server room and reboot the first machine on the right.
Turns out he didn't mean the first bank of servers but the second!
somehow it was my fault _ It was a bank! anyway - didn't get the sack!

--
Howard A. Latham